Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Book

Bookcloth hard cover
Inside covers

Marbled paper - detail
Mohawk superfine pages
A Book - $100

Standards and Legitimacy are very important to me. I wanted to create a book that looks like a book; no gimmicks, no fluff, no "flare". I started with my paper of choice, mohawk superfine. This time i opted for cream instead of the bright white variety. Strathmore Charcoal sheets supply a nicely textured pottery green paper, which I used for the inner leaving. The Book is hardcased with black book cloth and adorned with marbled paper I acquired from Bookmakers Inc. in College Park Maryland. This is one of my "stock" books and is for sale. The only thing that is not exactly standard is the dimensions (7.25" x 6"). I like books that are easy to hold. The book is acid-free and bound to be durable. waxed linen and spine reinforcements used for added stability. $100 factsmyth@gmail.com

No comments: