Thursday, April 28, 2011

Leather Bound Book



A client wanted a Journal. During our interaction he offered me an old bag that he was getting rid of. The bag was made of Italian leather and was well-worn. I have enough bags so I declined the offer. I proposed that he repurpose this bag for a book instead. His face lit up as I explained how the bag, which he had carried close to him for many months during lots of travel, could live on as something just as useful. I ripped that bag apart the first chance I could get. I enjoy knowing how things are constructed. I also enjoy destroying things. this project satisfied both categories. The pages are Mohawk Superfine, My favorite bookmaking paper. I get that from the MICA bookstore in Baltimore. The inside cover is from the Paper Source in Georgetown. This was my second bookmaking project.

No comments: